Conference Day 1
|09.00||Chair’s Welcome Remarks|
|09.10||Impact of the Trump Administration on the Labor & Employment Community|
|• What’s on the agenda for the Department of Labor for 2018?
• Consolidating the EEOC and OFCCP: How likely is this to happen?
• How are litigation claims with the government evolving?
• Understand the NLRB in the era of Trump
|Buena Vista Lyons, Partner, FordHarrison|
|09.40||What’s on the Horizon: Update on the Recent Trends in Labor and Employment Litigation|
|• Assessing recent religious discrimination claims
• How are pregnancy discrimination claims evolving?
• How states are adapting to the ‘Ban the Box’ ordinances
• Update on disciplinary claim in recent labor disputes
• How the Illinois Labor Relations Board is handling claims
|Judith Dever, Deputy Corporation Counsel, Labor Division, City of Chicago Law Department|
|Monica L. Lowe, Associate Chief Labor Counsel, Labor Division, City of Chicago Law Department|
|10.50||Pay Equity: Where We Are and What you Should be Doing to Prepare|
|• Reconciling state and municipal pay equity laws
• How the federal agencies are treating pay equity
• How banning salary history inquiries during the hiring process is impacting employers
• Handling pay transparency
• Best practices for managing equal pay litigation
|Eric Zion, Senior Counsel, Litigation and Employment,
Baxter International Inc.
|11.40||Exploring the Current Impact of Paid Sick Leave|
|• What are the implications for employees?
• Lessons learned from around the country: What you should be looking out for
• Updating policies and procedure to prevent disputes
• Reviewing the recent Cook County and City of Chicago ordinances
|Sean Nash, Managing
Counsel – Labor &
Employment, United Airlines
|1.30||Latest Developments in Gender Discrimination Claims|
|• Transgender discrimination claims: What can we learn from recent cases?
• A closer look at how the EEOC is handling LGBTQ issues
• An update on Bathroom Bills
• Guidance for employers on handling transgender employees
• Mitigating damages in gender discrimination claims
|Richard Cohen, Partner,
|2.20||Lessons Learned from Recent Age Discrimination Claims|
|• Understanding the increasing trend in age discrimination claims
• Preparing employers to avoid the threat of age discrimination claims and complying
• Preparing for disparate-impact claims under the ADEA
|James Anelli, Shareholder, LeClairRyan|
|3.30||Effectively Managing Whistle-Blower Claims|
|• What we’ve learned from recent whistleblower cases
• Defending retaliation claims
• Effectively managing an employee that has brought a discrimination claim against
• Affirmative steps for avoiding retaliation claims
Partner, Mayer Brown
|4.10||The Judge’s View|
|In this session you’ll hear directly from the bench on trends they are seeing in the courtroom.||Hon. Young Kim, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Northern District of Illinois|
|5.00||End of Conference Day One|